CREAMY TOMATO MILLET WITH ROASTED VEGGIES
1 cup millet (or quinoa), cooked
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped or 1 can diced tomatoes tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup fresh basil
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
Salt & pepper
1. In a medium pot heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add onions stir and cook for 5 mins or until soft. Add garlic; cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
2. Stir tomatoes and tomato paste cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Remove tomato mixture from heat and transfer to blender. Add remaining oil, basil, salt and pepper and blend. Add water to thin consistency.
4. In the same pan as the tomatoes, cook the zucchini and peppers until tender.
5. Combine millet and veggies and mix in tomato sauce.